- Built according to ATEX directive 2014/34/EU
- EC type examination certificate for bulk scales of the model series 34.138 to 34.146
- The bulk scales meet the requirements for devices of group II, category 1
- Non-electrical design in the ignition protection type constructive safety (c)
- Electrical equipment carried out in the ignition protection type intrinsic safety (i)
For equipment and protective systems for use in potentially explosive atmospheres the guideline 2014/34/EU applies. Automatic scales and their up- and downstream facilities intended for the use in potentially explosive atmospheres must comply with this EC directive.
According to the guideline 99/92/EEC the user has to valuate the explosion risks in his area, so that the protective systems for explosion prevention according to directive 2014/34/EU and the equipment, classified in categories, can be safely applied.
The design of our model series of automatic bulk scales with ATEX approval meets the requirements set out in directive 94/9/EEC. We can provide the proper scale for use in potentially explosive atmospheres due to gases or dust.
Under the EC type examination certificate number IBExU08ATEX1004X our bulk scales of the model series 34.138 (5 kg) to 34.146 (1000 kg) were approved. These scales comply with the protection types
II 1/3 D c T X + 5 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +40 °C
II 1/3 G c IIB T X + 5 °C = Ta = +40 °C
Our company owns the ATEX certificate required for the production of the respective scales. Range of use
For weighing, loading, discharge and as checkweighers in areas, where potentially explosive gases and/or dusts may form and where loose bulk material is processed and stored, such as in mills and magazines, feedstuff factories, breweries, sugar refineries and in the chemical industry.